Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Too many dang changes

Life is getting crazy. First Brian and Robin take my beautiful granddaughters to live in a nuclear waste site.

Now Sondra and Shane are moving Mason to Missouri - the land of goths and meth. So much for "the heartland."

And then of course, our ongoing job searches in Arizona. To make matters worse Des Moines, Iowa might be in the mix with a AP job. But really, Des Moines? I think cows outnumber people there, so I highly suspect I might decline any offer of employment should it be offered, of course.

I don't know what was so wrong with Oklahoma. I like Oklahoma. I don't really want to move from Oklahoma. People are nice here. We have friends. We live within driving distance of both parents (his and mine.)

At the same time I see the wisdom and logic behind Ray's desire to move to Arizona. And, the bright spot there is that I'll get to be near my big sister for the first time in many many years. I might mention while we're both still young enough to go get into trouble together. No comment from the kids on that one.

The thought of not only building a house but actually having it paid off in five years is more than appealing. It's a smart idea. OK OK -- you see the progression here. I'm talking myself into this. I'll be honest. The 130 degree days scare the hell out of me.

Well, it does look as if my latest round of resumes has produced results. I've got one job interview lined up for sure and two more likely will be lined up in the next few days. Looks like I'd better crank up the heater and learn to like sweat.

This should be an interesting year. Anybody want to guess where we'll all be one year from today? Me neither.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I'll be in Washington. I ain't moving for a long whille after this experience.

The real question is where will we all be in five years.