Saturday, December 17, 2005

697 miles

That's how many miles we logged on our car the last couple of days. It's been a wild week.

We went to Texas Wednesday for Sheldon's dad's funeral, and drove back.

On Thursday afternoon, I get a graduation announcement. My "baby" sister is graduating from college. The postmark said November, but I got the card Dec. 15.

We both found out at the last minute that we could get off, so we both left the office, packed in 30 minutes and drove to Canyon Texas in time to see my sister graduate. Heck, Anita flew in from Dallas for the big event, and we all still beat Armando to the graduation and he lives there. We had a very nice time, ate mother's great cooking and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. No regrets about the last-minute trip.

So today, we drove from Canyon, 3 hours to another town in Texas to pick up our daughter and then headed back to OKC. Whew. Tired, and the weekend just got worse.

Roy lost his battle with cancer. My prayer's are with Sylvia and Jim in Arizona tonight as they deal with the pain. I'm tired of people dying.

No comments: