Friday, December 23, 2005

Too much to do

I think I just haven't felt like Christmas. You can't tell it by our house, whose halls have been decked for some time now. But no presents. So I'm gonna go shopping today and tomorrow. Crazy huh?

Grandma Candy and Papa might come up on Christmas Day. They are going to Emma's for their usual Christmas eve dinner. I hope they come up. Otherwise we'll be alone most of the day since Sheldon and Amanda are working, now. We'll go to the LaVictoire's church in the morning (Paul and Susan) because Su and the kids are singing that morning. Then we'll come home and cuddle by a fire -- we're gonna have a fire I don't care if it's 80 friggin' degrees outside.

Then we'll have dinner when the kids get home. Sheldon wants ham. But we're having beef tenderloin? Why? Because I'm cooking and in charge of the menu. I have made about six dozen tamales and will likely make more before New Year's -- they turned out fairly good considering I don't make them often and have no idea what I'm doing.

The first batch needed a little more flavor. Sheldon called them "junior tamales." The second batch was better.

I think I'll back some muffins and bread and make some green slime too. I'm making Buenelos on New Year's, which I think we're supposed to have a party. Not sure about that. Gotta call some folks.

Well that gets ya'll up to speed.

No comments: