Friday, January 13, 2006

The week in review

It's been a long week. Probably because we've had two four-day weeks in a row. Of course, Ray has another four-day week next week due to the MLK holiday.

I've been getting a lot of press for one of my clients, good news and bad news. More work for me!

I'm headed to Lawton on Monday. The Clean Air campaign kicks off in March and I have tons of stuff to do. In the middle of it all, I was too much of a wimp to say no when the editor of one of the publications I had been freelancing called. I wrote a story for them. Too much work, and not enough time. I'll be sitting here this weekend finishing up more projects.

My cousin Lydia emailed me and said she's retiring from Texas Tech. Dang. I feel old.

I'm late on birthday cards and calls, so I'm sure my name is mud in some circles. Oh well, nothing new there.

I got more photos put on disk, so that's a good thing. I've still been having the intense chest pains this week (been ongoing since the first week in January) so I guess I'll break down and go to the doctor. I almost drove myself to the E.R. today, but I decided it was just stress. I start Tai Chi next week, so I'm hoping that will help relieve some of the stress.
Gridiron is not much fun this year. I'm thinking it might be my last year. We'll see. -- I think I say that every year. My friend, John G. from the Capitol isn't in Gridiron this year. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer and just had surgery. He'll be out for a while, so they sent someone else to sub for him at the press room. Ryan -- the ass -- got promoted this week so he's no longer at the Capitol. They brought out the young girl who had just graduated the year before (I call her the editor's "cha cha" girl, so you get my drift) She's the one they had wanted to replace me with, until I threw a hissy and they sent McNutt out there. Oh well, some people work their way up, others sleep their way up.

Anyway, that's my week in nutshell. We were supposed to go out with S&P tonight but we're curtailing any eating out, movies, etc. until after the trip to Washington. Still need to check about Mas going up with us. BTW -- we're already starting to plan the 2007 trip to Walt Disney World. Everyone will go. We're renting a huge house, along with Jerry and his family -- total three houses. We're paying for the stay and park tickets. Just plan to pay for transportation and some eats -- unless I win the powerball this weekend -- yes, Oklahoma finally has powerball. If I win everyone in the fam should expect a new car and a new house. ha ha. Cross your fingers.

No comments: